Saturday, March 17, 2018

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 185

This Week's Writing Links
Photo Courtesy of Visual Hunt

Between being sick with a bad chest cold all week and my wife spraining her ankle, there wasn't much progress on the writing front. And now I have to focus on critiques I owe three other authors.  Spring can't get here quickly enough. 

The family and I saw A Wrinkle in Time last weekend. It was okay, in my opinion, but I admit I was expecting more. I never read the book, but my impression was that they skipped a lot of the story in order to give us lots of visuals. 

What did you guys think? Did you enjoy it? How did the book compare to the movie?

Anyway, have a great weekend and enjoy the writing links! 


ChemistKen 



Foreshadowing in a sentence: Connecting story events

Assemble Your Street Team: How to Mobilize Your Fan Army to Promote Your Books

Want to Push Your Protagonist Over the Edge? Add an Emotion Amplifier

Back to Basics--Imagery

The Difference Between YA and MG Novels

3 Tips to Hook Your Reader’s Emotions

Character flaws: Creating lovable imperfections



9 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of people saying Wrinkle in Time was a bit of a disappointment. I'm probably going to skip it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the book and will probably wait to rent the movie. Thanks for the links and hope you and your wife feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't see the film. Judging from the reviews, a lot of people felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better. My husband and now my son have that rotten cold. Thanks for the great links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you and your wife are doing better!

    Thanks for the links. Emotions are one of the things I suck at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the movie yet. I guess I will just to find out how Oprah does in all that glittery gold costume. Bad news on the health front. Sorry. Hope that goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the links, crit and I hope you feel better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another movie that didn't live up to the book. I'll be skipping it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great links! I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard it didn't live up to the book. Too bad, really.
    Sorry about the health stuff. We've had a rough winter that way, too.
    Hope health and writing and life all go well this week!

    ReplyDelete