Friday, February 10, 2017

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 158

Those of you who stopped by here earlier this week may have noticed that not only was my regular Wednesday post live by Wednesday morning (shock upon shock!), it was actually posted on Tuesday morning. No, Armegeddon is not right around the corner. But it has occurred to me that having my main post on Wednesday followed up by the Seven Writing Links post two days later doesn't give many people the chance to see the Wednesday post. So I'm contemplating a change in my posting schedule. 

Perhaps I'll move my Wednesday posts to Tuesday and see how that works. I suppose I could always try for Mondays, but that would require writing a post over the weekend and I'm pretty sure that's not happening. I'm not even sure I can make Tuesdays on a regular basis. Heck, I barely make Wednesdays sometimes. Or maybe I should just move the writing links posts to Sunday. I don't know yet. 

Do you guys have any suggestions? 

Have a great weekend and enjoy the links! 

ChemistKen 


Tips for Writing Companion Novellas

8 Ways A Thriller differs from a Mystery

Dress Up Your Author Media Kit with “5 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Me”

Pirates Beware: How to Prepare and Use a DMCA Takedown Notice

From Indie Author To Small Press. Print Books, ISBNs, Branding And More

Author Blogs: 5 Bad Reasons for Authors to Blog and 5 Good Ones

7 Red Flags of Telling

5 comments:

  1. I think Tuesday works well. Since you have two posts a week, that spreads it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I had a designated day for a post, but did away with it. Now I commit to post for event like IWSG, Storytime and my Author Spotlight and if I blog something else I'm doing good. I average 4 to 7 post a month since 2012 and my highest month 14. I would like to do something more regular for my platform but I am not sure what that is yet. @@ I need to figure that out

    Your schedule sounds good. Two post a week should get google analytic to take note so you get rated. If you blog about a particular subject and make sure to include in title Google will categorize too so when page searches are done for that topic you will rate if you post regular.

    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think posting Tuesdays and Fridays works well. On weeks when I'm only planning to do two posts (rather than my normal three), those are the days I try to go for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Posting on Tuesday will give your Wednesday post an extra day of views and comments.

    ReplyDelete