Friday, January 6, 2017

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 153

It's cold up here in southeast Michigan. 

Now I'm sure people in the Upper Penisula might scoff at this, along with people living in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Canada, etc., but I don't care. January is just too early for the really cold weather to be upon us. 

You'd think this kind of weather would keep me indoors as much as possible (and you'd be right) and that my writing production would increase proportionally, but you'd be dead wrong. Between the cold temperature and the early onset of darkness, I find myself thinking about how nice it would be to crawl under the covers with my Kindle long before bedtime rolls around. Sitting in front of my computer and typing just doesn't give me the same warm fuzzy feeling. 

I'm sleeping late tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see if I manage to stay up and write tonight, or if I cave and go to bed early. 

Have a great weekend and enjoy the links! 

ChemistKen 

Using Amazon KDP Ads to Sell Your Ebook on Amazon

Using a narrator character to create a mythic story

Backstory isn’t Character

Indie Publishing Paths: What’s Your Master Plan?

Surprise me

Tips for Weaving Romance into Your Novel

Selecting the Right Sentence Structure for the Right Emotion



10 comments:

  1. We're about to get really cold and maybe even snow. Since we don't get it often, I'll welcome it. Bed sounds like a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great collection. The KDP advertising is particularly appropriate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Poulsbo it is cold and icy too. Heck, I don't even have a fireplace in our tiny apartment. I can totally relate to having difficulty giving my brain oxygen. However, it is wonderful talking to others to hear that they too have difficulties. By the way, I love your castle. Here's to a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slept a lot this weekend. I even took a 2 hour nap on Saturday after I convinced my son to lie down. But I managed to scrape together 2000 words between feeding my children and convincing them to bathe. :) Hope the weekend went well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in south-central Indiana, and it's cold too. But this week we're getting rain and warmth. January has been a weird month! Thanks for the awesome links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My uncle who now lives in Canada was roasting when he came to visit us in Jamaica. And was not even during the hottest season. We had to put a fan directly on him and give him cold water, the works. Sorry about the weather. Right now in Jamaica the nights can get cold but I'm sure it doesn't compare to your cold season. Canada just has to fend for itself. No apologies from me thankfully living in the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the links, Ken. Hope you stay warm. Hope 2017 is the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the links, Ken. Happy New Year. I hope you achieve your writing goals and complete your story. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been doing something similar up here in Canada. Somehow it's cosier than reading by a window. I save that for when it's raining. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, those of us in Upper Michigan are scoffing at you. ;) Actually, I know how you feel. Between the cold and dark, it's hard to find motivation to do things because it's honestly tiring. I miss the sun.

    ReplyDelete