Friday, October 14, 2016

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 144

It's been a hectic week.  Crit group meeting, surprise birthday party, eating too much cake, helping daughter with her pre-calculus class.  I'm soooo looking forward to sleeping this weekend.

Well, maybe I'll work on my IWSG anthology story too.  We'll see.

Anyway, have a great weekend and enjoy the links!

ChemistKen


What does an author’s website need to succeed?

How To Write Characters Your Readers Will Love: Character Checklist

What You Really Want to Know About Self Publishing

How Your Narrative Distance Affects Show, Don't Tell

Backgrounding Your World Through Point of View

Finding Your Character's HOOK: The Special Skill or Talent that Elevates Your Manuscript

Thinking of Running a Facebook Ad? Proceed with Caution



7 comments:

  1. Good luck with that story. And thanks yet again for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss pre-calculus. I hope that went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the NaNo prep. I need to get on this too. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links, Ken. Keep going with that story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent links. Pre-calculus, eh? I went back to school myself a couple years ago so I'd be able to help the kids through math, but now that my son is in calculus, I feel pretty worthless on that front. Why is it so easy to forget these things?

    Hope you had a fabulous weekend and got your writing done!

    ReplyDelete