Friday, May 15, 2015

Seven Writing Links -- volume 76

I read my latest chapter to my local critique group last night.  I'd already extensively revised it once before in order to add more conflict to the scene, but after listening to the comments from my CPs, it's apparent I'm still going too easy on my protagonist.  So this weekend, I'm going to add even more conflict to the scene.

Question:  What's the best way to make myself so angry that it will feel good to dump more problems on my protagonist?

Have a great weekend and enjoy the links.

ChemistKen


6 Major Writing Problems with Avengers: Age of Ultron – Part 1

The Art of the Book Blurb

Advice for Getting Author Photos You Love

Author Websites Q & A: How To Create An Effective, Mobile-Friendly Website

The Top Five Dumbest Business Practices in Publishing

Stuck on a Scene? Just Say No.

Author Websites, Blogs, and Book Sales Pages



4 comments:

  1. I almost feel sorry for your protagonist! I agree it can seem harsh to be too hard on them but if it is for the good of the story you should go for it. Good luck with the revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best way to make yourself angry? Getting stuck in traffic for thirty minutes would do it for me.
    Dumbest practices - I must know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you agree with them? If not, that'll make you angry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen this Price film, and I always loved him in his roles. Maybe Netflix will come through for me.

    ReplyDelete