Friday, May 8, 2015

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 75

Jumped to the next chapter in my story this week, but as I began working through the pages, doubts started creeping in.  Does this scene work?  Am I wasting my time here?  Will this drag down the rest of the story?  It's making me rethink the whole story. Shudders.

The solution?  Move on to something else for a while until the feelings pass and I can return to the chapter with a fresh eye.

In the meantime, we've set a new record here in the Friday links.  Four of today's links come from Janice Hardy's blog.  If there was ever a writing blog that you should visit on a regular basis, Janice's blog is definitely it.

Have a great weekend!

ChemistKen


Form Fitting: Using Story Structure to Your Advantage

When Your Scene is Dragging: 6 Ways to Add Tension

Why One Note is One-Derful for Writers

Description: Getting to the Heart of the Matter

Updating Your Ebook After Publication

The Best Way for Writers to Use Amazon’s Preorder Feature

Three Writing Tips From The Avengers: Age of Ultron

4 comments:

  1. Those do look like good posts, Ken. I'm going to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already checked out one of the links, thanks Ken! I think you are right to move onto something else when you hit a wall with the writing. Sometimes that's all you need to see the right way forward. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Friday links. Whenever I'm stuck, I search out help, and these are perfect. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go through those doubts too if I let myself think to hard. I like your advice, very helpful.

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete