Friday, April 17, 2015

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 72

I'm really looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.  The Midwest Media Expo is over and my taxes are finished.  Woohoo!  Time to catch up on some sleep!

The Expo was fun, although tiring, especially since I  helped my daughter carry parts of her Enderdragon costume around with her all day.  But it was all worth it in the end.
I'm happy to report she won an award for her costume.

The Enderdragon costume with retractable wings
My son as Balloon Boy from Five Nights at Freddy's



Happiness after the award.




And to top it all off, I think I'm finally making some progress on the chapter that's been plaguing me for weeks.  Good news all around!

Have a great weekend and enjoy the links.

ChemistKen


Afraid Your Book Is Boring? Your Characters May Not Be Doing This One Important Thing

Eleven Things You Should Know About Query Letters

Does Your Author Website Have The Essentials To Attract Readers And Sell Your Books?

Making “Sense” of Your Characters

The Two-Edged Sword of Backstory in Dialog

3 Ways to Use Pinterest to Promote Your Book

Indie authors: are you making these mistakes with your print books? How to look professional on the page

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter! I know you were worried about the wings, so glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter! She must have been so excited. That costume is awesome so I'm not surprised she won. Very cute pic of everyone after the award. Glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that! The costumes alone make these cons so fun. Congrats to your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete